I truly wish Belichick grabbed this ref, picked him up over his head, gave him a Bane-worthy backbreaker, then made direct eye contact with an NBC camera, mouthing “I’m coming for you, Goodell.” Really, why not? What’s in or out of bounds at this point anymore? What’s fair or foul? The “referees” (and I refuse to not use quotation marks when discussing these people who wear officiating outfits on the field of professional football games) obviously have next to no idea. And tonight it cost the team i like and root for dearly. Several times.
Yes, I know Baltimore was penalized more frequently. And many of those calls were stone-cold horseshit, too. And yes, they’re “doing the best they can”. And yes, if McDaniels didn’t have his head up his ass he wouldn’t have called empty backfield shotgun plays on 2nd and 3rd down when the Pats needed to ice the game. And yes, Devin McCourty is never allowed over my house for ice cream sandwiches again. He sucks.
But this is a joke. It’s bad sports entertainment. It is. Really. That game was almost 4 hours long. Like a bloated Sox/Yanks game. With similarly frustrating results. But there we don’t have piles of phantom calls made out of fear, guesswork or apprehension to blame or grouse about. This is garbage, really. GARBAGE. And I’m not gonna partake of it anymore.
F you, Goodell. And F you actual refs, if you’re being greedy. Not really sure. DON’T REALLY CARE. Goodell, you have this drug I need. And now you’re mocking me in the delivery, treating me like a junkie as opposed to “a customer”. Well, if I have to go cold turkey to get other people to try and do the same to get the message across your very rich face, then I guess that’s my choice. Just like it was Replacement Ref #73’s choice to call defensive holding several times on the Pats. It’s fine, right? So long as I watch, pay for your swag, shop from your sponsors, you’re good.
Let’s see what we can do about this. Expect something enormously annoying, juvenile and hopefully effective from me and a bunch of nitwits this week.
Bitter the Pats lost? Yes. Could they still have finished the job and taken care of business on their own? Sure. But am I tired of being fed an inferior product when I dedicate so much life and time to it and thus feel like I’m being treated with no respect, like a beer-drinking disposable statistic? Yeah.
GFY Roger Goodell, NFL Commissioner.
- nicoleveno14 likes this
- nicoleveno14 reblogged this from townienews
- jbuglio reblogged this from townienews
- theywantedsomethingreal likes this
- lexdysic likes this
- politisportss reblogged this from townienews
- ilovebaseball8 reblogged this from townienews
- xbabyd0llx3x reblogged this from l3elladonna
- l3elladonna reblogged this from whatsitgonnabeangelina
- meglovestombrady reblogged this from townienews and added:
- dendu77 reblogged this from townienews
- newenglanddemigod reblogged this from townienews
- zarmorte likes this
- whatsitgonnabeangelina reblogged this from jkomo18 and added:
- jimmydbostontumblr likes this
- chaos-that-controlled-my-mindd likes this
- missjnicole reblogged this from townienews
- itumbleushouldtoo likes this
- thesalvationofturin likes this
- halfbraindeadhalfbooksmarts reblogged this from townienews
- shenanigans1001 reblogged this from collectedclutter
- mcdiabetic likes this
- mcdiabetic reblogged this from collectedclutter
- collectedclutter reblogged this from townienews and added:
- palepeteparker likes this
- jkomo18 reblogged this from townienews
- townienews posted this